Terms of Service
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in datingonthedl.com, and the DL mobile App, all owned and operated by DL Dating, Inc, a Delaware Corporation (“DL Dating,” “us” or “we”), and our services made available to you (the “user” or “you”) through our website (the “Website” or the “Site”) and any online applications or mobile application and tools (the “Apps”). The Website and the Apps together constitute our service (the “Service”).
Unless otherwise specified, all references to the Services include the services available through the DL Dating Website or mobile App, as well as any software that DL Dating provides to you that allows you to access the Services. The following Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and DL Dating regarding your use of the Service.
Please read the following Terms of Service (“Terms”) carefully before accessing or using any of the Service. Each time you access or use the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms whether or not you register with us. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these Terms, you may not access or use the Service.
In addition, certain areas of the Service may be subject to additional Terms of Service that we make available for your review. By using such areas, or any part thereof, you are expressly indicating that you have read and agree to be bound by the additional Terms of Service applicable to such areas. In the event that any of the additional Terms of Service governing such area conflict with these Terms, the additional terms will control.
PLEASE READ THE BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS IN THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION OF THESE TERMS. IT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED.
DL DATING SERVICES, WEBSITE AND APP PROVIDE AN ONLINE VENUE AND PLATFORM WHICH ENABLES USERS TO MEET OTHER USERS. DL DATING IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY RELATIONSHIP OR ARRANGEMENT BETWEEN USERS OF OUR PLATFORM. IT IS WITHIN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE USER OF OUR SERVICES TO INTERACT OR ENGAGE WITH ANOTHER USER THROUGH OUR SERVICES. DL DATING ONLY OFFERS A VENUE TO CONNECT USERS AND HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF OUR SERVICES.
- Description of Service
- DL Dating is an online dating venue that facilitates the user’s ability to connect with and meet other users online. The Service include (i) DL Dating systems, procedures, processes and technologies, and (ii) any hardware, software, applications, data, reports, and other content made available by or on behalf of DL Dating that allows users of the Service to meet other users that they independently select to interact with.
- The Service does not include your User Content as later defined in this Agreement or any software application or service that is provided by you or a third party, which you use in connection with the Service.
- Any modifications and new features added to the Service are also subject to this Agreement.
- DL Dating reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you. All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to DL Dating.
- Eligibility for Our Service
- By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and are fully able and competent to enter into this electronic contract, including the terms, conditions, representations and warranties set forth in these Terms.
- If you register with DL Dating, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government agency.
- Your Access and Use of our Services
- The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (i) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (ii) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (iii) you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive Service; and (iv) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to these Terms.
- Furthermore, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor our Services or any portion of our Services or for any other purpose, without our prior written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for your personal information) from our Services without our prior written permission and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Services or any activities conducted on our Services; (iv) bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our Services, or (v) interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from our Services.
- Our Services have “publicly accessible areas” that allow users to post User Content that will be accessible by the public or the user population generally. As a user of the Services, you acknowledge and affirmatively agree that in the course of using the Services you may be exposed to User Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate. You further agree that DL Dating shall not, under any circumstances, be liable in any way for any User Content.
- You understand that DL Dating may issue upgrade versions of any mobile App and you consent to receiving automatic upgrades on your mobile device. You also acknowledge and agree that standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the App or the Website including, without limitation, text messages.
- You shall not use any communication systems provided on our Services (such as Forums or email) for any commercial or solicitation purposes. You shall not solicit for commercial purposes any users of our Services without our prior written permission.
- You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the Services, Website and App, including, without limitation, standard carrier data charges for text messages.
- Accounts and Registration
- To access some features of the Service you may be required to register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself (such as your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, mobile phone number, photo ID image or other personal information). Some of this information may be of a confidential nature and may include personal identifying information and/or financial information ( all “Your Information”).
- If you provide Your Information to us then you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information, and not to misrepresent your identity. You also agree to keep Your Information current and to update Your Information if any of Your Information changes.
- Account Management
- Keep Your Password Secure. If you have been issued an account by DL Dating in connection with your use of the Services, you are responsible for safeguarding your password and any other credentials used to access that account. You, and not DL Dating, are responsible for any activity occurring in your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account, you should notify DL Dating immediately.
- Keep Your Details Accurate. DL Dating frequently sends notices to the email address or text messages to your mobile phone registered with your account. You must keep your email address, mobile phone number and, where applicable, your contact details and payment details associated with your account current and accurate. Accounts are controlled by the entity whose email address is registered with the account
- DL Dating does not charge users for providing the basic Service, but reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice.
- DL Dating does charge users for some optional services such as additional “swipes” in excess of your daily allowance and “Sneak Peeks”.
- Payments will be made using a third party secure payment processing service, or in-application payments such as Apple Pay or Google Play.
- Privacy and Your Personal Information
- Information Accuracy
- We make no representation as to the authenticity, completeness, accuracy, or currency of any information on the Service including, but not limited to, user profile information.
- We attempt to ensure that information on this Service is complete, accurate and current, however, despite our best efforts, the information on our Service may occasionally be inauthentic, inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out of date and DL Dating disclaims any responsibility or liability for such information. By using the Services, you agree to accept such risks and that DL Dating is not responsible or liable for the acts or omissions of users of the Services.
- Proprietary Rights
- As between DL Dating and you, DL Dating or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Service in accordance with this Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Service is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by DL Dating.
- 10. Intellectual Property Rights
- Our names, graphics, videos, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are our trademarks or trade dress in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the “Proprietary Marks”), are owned by DL Dating. You may not use the Proprietary Marks without our prior written permission.
- We make no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on our Services. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are property of their respective owners.
- The information, advice, data, software and content viewable on, contained in, or downloadable from our Services (collectively, “Our Content”), including, without limitation, all text, graphics, charts, pictures, photographs, images, videos, line art, icons and renditions, are copyrighted by, or otherwise licensed to us or Our Content suppliers.
- We also own a copyright of a collective work in the selection, coordination, arrangement, presentation, display and enhancement of Our Content (the “Collective Work”).
- All software used on, or within our Services, is our property or the property of our software vendors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Viewing, reading, printing, downloading or otherwise using Our Content and/or the Collective Work does not entitle you to any ownership or intellectual property rights to Our Content, the Collective Work, or the Software.
- You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from your infringement of our, or any third-parties, intellectual property rights regarding the Trademarks, Our Content, the Collective Work, the Software and/or any other harm incurred by us or our affiliates as a, direct or indirect, result of your copying, distributing, redistributing, transmitting, publishing or using the same for purposes that are contrary to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 11. Use of Our Content
- We grant you a limited license to access, print, download or otherwise make personal use of Our Content and the Collective Work for your noncommercial personal use provided, however, that you shall not delete any proprietary notices or materials with regard to the foregoing.
- You may not modify Our Content or the Collective Work or utilize them for any commercial purpose or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble Our Content and the Collective Work, or transfer Our Content or the Collective Work to another person or entity.
- 12. User Content Rights and Related Responsibilities; License
- “User Content” means, without limitation, any messages, texts, digital files, images, photos, artwork, videos, audio, comments, feedback, suggestions, reviews and documents, or other content you upload, transmit or otherwise make available to DL Dating and its users via the Services.
- By submitting User Content on or through the Service, you grant DL Dating a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such User Content.
- In order for us to provide the Service to you, we require that you grant us certain rights with respect to User Content, including the ability to transmit, manipulate, process, store and copy User Content in order to provide our Services. Your acceptance of this Agreement gives us the permission to do so and grants us any such rights necessary to provide the Service to you.
- You agree that any User Content you submit to our Service may be viewed by other users, any person visiting or participating in the Service and by the public in general.
- DL Dating expressly disclaims any liability for the loss or damage to any User Content or any losses or damages you incur as a result of the loss or damage of any User Content. It is your responsibility to back-up any User Content to prevent it’s loss.
- You are solely responsible for User Content, including, without limitation, comments, feedback and reviews. DL Dating may remove or return any User Content at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. We are not responsible for the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness, or legality of User Content.
- You represent and warrant that all information that you submit is authentic, accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false.
- You agree not to post as part of the Service any offensive, inaccurate, incomplete, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material. The following includes, without limitation, examples of the things you may not do:
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Stalk, harass, defame, abuse, bully, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Advocate for or harass or intimidate another person.
- Promote information that is false or misleading.
- Promote illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote violence, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- vii.Submit anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- viii.Solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
- Participate in the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing.
- Use the service in an illegal manner or to commit an illegal act.
- Transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
- xii.Transmit any content that contains video, audio, or images of another person without his or her permission or that of their legal guardian.
- xiii.Promote material that exploits people in a sexual, pornographic or violent manner.
- xiv.Provide instructional information about illegal activities.
- Infringe upon someone else’s patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights.
- xvi.Promote commercial activities including without limitation sales, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and business offers.
- xvii.Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on the Services.
- 13. Software
- If you receive software from us, its use is governed in one of two ways: If you’re presented with license terms that you must accept in order to use the software, those terms apply; if no license is presented to you, these Terms apply. We reserve all other rights to the software.
- Any license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by DL Dating, in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software.
- We may automatically check your version of the software. We may also automatically download to your device or computer new versions of the software.
- Any software is licensed, not sold. Unless we notify you otherwise, the software license ends when your Service ends. You must then promptly uninstall the software, or we may disable it. You must not work around any technical limitations in the software.
- The software is subject to applicable U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. Without limitation, you may not transfer the software or Service without U.S. government permission to anyone on U.S. government exclusion lists. You represent and warrant that you’re not on any of those lists or under the control of or an agent for anyone on those lists or the entities listed above.
- 14. Suspension and Termination of Services
- We reserve the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you.
- You can cancel your account at anytime. Upon termination or cancellation, all licenses and other rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease.
- Upon termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused fees for in app purchases.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- 15. Interruption of Service
- Your access and use of our Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of our Services or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take.
- You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any interruption of the Services or any part thereof.
- 16. No Endorsement
- WE ATTEMPT TO ENSURE THAT INFORMATION ON THIS SERVICE IS AUTHENTIC, ACCURATE AND CURRENT, HOWEVER, DESPITE OUR BEST EFFORTS, THE INFORMATION ON OUR SERVICE, INCLUDING USER CONTENT, MAY OCCASIONALLY BE INACCURATE, MISLEADING, INCOMPLETE OR OUT OF DATE AND WE DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE INFORMATION. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT SUCH RISKS AND THAT DL DATING IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF USERS ON THE SERVICES.
- DL DATING DOES NOT VERIFY OR ENDORSE ANY USER OF THE SERVICES. ALTHOUGH WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO, WE DO NOT INVESTIGATE OR CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER, OR THE ACTUAL IDENTITY OF THE USERS.
- 17.Interaction With Others
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE IDENTITY, SUITABILITY AND FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH THE PEOPLE YOU CHOOSE TO ENGAGE WITH THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CURRENTLY DO NOT CONDUCT ANY BACKGROUND CHECKS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CRIMINAL, FINANCIAL, SEX OFFENDER OR ANY OTHER BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF THE PEOPLE YOU CHOOSE TO INTERACT WITH. WHILE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO SO, DL DATING RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL OR SEX OFFENDER BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- YOU ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ONLINE OR OFFLINE DATING INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL DL DATING, ITS EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, EXECUTIVES OR OFFICERS BE LIABLE (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF A USER OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEFT, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, DEATH AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS WITH, CONTACT WITH OR INTERACTION WITH OTHER USERS.
- USERS SHOULD NOT PROVIDE THEIR FINANCIAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION, OR WIRE OR OTHERWISE SEND MONEY, TO OTHER USERS.
- DL DATING DOES NOT MAKE ANY GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING YOUR COMPATIBILITY WITH USERS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICE.
- 18. Third Party Links, Services and Content
- You acknowledge that we are not responsible for such third party content or services and that we are not an agent of any third party, nor are we a direct party in any such transaction with a third party. Any such activities, and any terms associated with such activities, are solely between you and the applicable third party. Should you have any problems resulting from your use of any third party services, or should you suffer data loss or other losses as a result of problems with any of your other service providers or any third-party services, we will not be responsible unless the problem was the direct result of our actions.
- 19. Electronic Communications
- When you use our Services, you consent to communicating with us and with other users electronically or via phone or Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls facilitated by the App or our third party service providers technology. You also consent to receive communications from us and other users electronically by email, text, SMS or otherwise.
- Although we may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, we may also choose to communicate with you by email, telephone, text, SMS or by posting notices on our Services.
- You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- 20. Electronic Transactions
- Your use of the services includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or to make transactions electronically including, without limitation, in-application purchases and other financial transaction. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by such agreements and transactions.
- Your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to all transactions you enter into on this site, including in-application purchases, financial transactions, notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications.
- In order to access and retain your electronic records, you may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are your sole responsibility.
- 21.Third Party Social Networking
Violating the security of our Site is prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. DL Dating may investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve, and will cooperate with law, enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Security violations include, without limitation, unauthorized access to or use of data or systems including any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or Site or to breach security or authentication measures, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic and interference with service to any user, host, or network.
- 23. Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to remove any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright and/or terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account or ability to visit and/or use the Services or remove, edit, or disable any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. We provide this policy pursuant to Section 512 of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
A valid complaint under the DMCA must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
FEDERAL LAW PROVIDES THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
- DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES
- OUR CONTENT AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF OUR SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR ASSOCIATED WITH OUR SERVICES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR ASSOCIATED WITH OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES, WEBSITE OR APP YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT DL DATING DOES NOT HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT ANY BACKGROUND CHECKS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CRIMINAL, FINANCIAL, SEX OFFENDER OR ANY OTHER BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS.
- DL DATING AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTY PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, AS A RESULT OF (I) ANY INCORRECT, FLASE, MISLEADING OR INACCURATE CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE; AND (II) THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICES.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES.
- WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT WE MAY USE IN THE OPERATION, PROCESSING AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE SERVICES.
- WE DO NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SECURITY, ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR SERVICES, OR THE SAFETY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, CONFORMITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH OUR SERVICES.
- WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM OUR SERVICES IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES, MALICIOUS SOFTWARE OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, DETRIMENTALLY INTERFERE WITH, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- WE DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION, FAILURE TO STORE, MISS DELIVERY, OR UNTIMELY DELIVERY OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.
- WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT OUR SERVICES ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ANY JURISDICTIONS. WHEN YOU ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES FROM A JURISDICTION, THEN YOU DO SO BY YOUR OWN VOLITION AND ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
- SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE RESPONSIBLE TO, OR LIABLE TO, YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF: (I) YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OUR SERVICES; (II) YOUR BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; (III) YOUR DELAY IN ACCESSING OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES FOR ANY REASON; (IV) YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY OF OUR CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK FOR YOUR USE; (V) YOUR RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF OUR CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK, (VI) THE CONDUCT, ACTIONS OR BEHAVIOR OF A USER YOU HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH; OR (VII) ANY DIGITAL DATA, IMAGES, PHOTOS, ARTWORK, VIDEOS, AUDIO, DOCUMENTS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH OUR SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OUR SERVICES, WHETHER RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE AND/OR OUR SUPPLIERS HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE WEBSITE SERVICE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEBSITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED IN THE WEBSITE SERVICE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL FURTHER APPLY WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE SERVICE OR ANY INFORMATION OR MERCHANDISE THAT APPEARS ON, OR IS LINKED OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO, THE WEBSITE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DL DATING MAY AT ANY TIME, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, DELETE ANY USER CONTENT WITHOUT INCURRING ANY LIABILITY FOR SUCH DELETION OR LOSS RESULTING FROM SUCH DELETION. DL DATING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY USER CONTENT OR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU INCUR AS A RESULT OF THE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY USER CONTENT.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES, OR CAUSES BEYOND THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT FAILURES, OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOODS, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES.
- OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $50.
- YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER GENERATED CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM SUCH USER GENERATED CONTENT AND THIRD-PARTY CONDUCT RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO OUR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- CERTAIN STATE OR JURISDICTIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 26. Indemnity
- You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Service and any interaction you have with another user of our Services, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless DL Dating and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your violation of these Terms of Service or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iv) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; (v) any death or serious emotional or serious physical harm to any user or a third party resulting from your use of the Services, or (vi) any disputes or issues between you and any third party.
- We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
- 27. Release
- By using the Services, the Site or the App, you release, to the maximum extent allowed by law, DL Dating, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and agents from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Services, the Site or the App, and any interaction with other users through the Services, the Site or the App, including without limitation, any death or serious emotional or serious physical harm.
- If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- 28.Our Remedies
- You acknowledge that we may be irreparably damaged if this Agreement is not specifically enforced, and damages at law would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement by you, we shall be entitled, in addition to all rights and remedies, to an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach, without being required to show any actual damage or to post an injunction bond, and/or to a decree for specific performance of the provisions of this Agreement.
- For purposes of this Section, you agree that any action or proceeding with regard to such injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach shall be brought in the courts of record of the State of New Jersey, or a United States District Court for the State of New Jersey. You consent to the jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to the venue of any such action or proceeding in such court.
- 29. Dispute Resolution
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. THIS AGREEMENT ALSO CONTAINS AN AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE SERVICE. EACH TIME YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION AND THE CLASS ACTION WAIVER YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
For any dispute you have with DL Dating, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If DL Dating has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy as follows:
- You and we agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to the Services will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
- Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us, except as otherwise stated in this Agreement.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we each agree that any and all disputes or claims between you and us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of this Agreement, your use of or access to our Services, or any products or services delivered, sold, offered, or purchased through our Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify.
- Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OUR OTHER USERS.
- Arbitration Procedures. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual. An arbitrator should apply the terms of this Agreement as a court would. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Agreement to Arbitrate, any part of it, or of this Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of the Agreement to Arbitrate or this Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving our other users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Judicial Forum for Legal Disputes. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that the Agreement to Arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of New Jersey. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within New Jersey for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. You also agree that: (i) our Services shall be deemed solely based in the State of New Jersey; and (ii) our Services shall be deemed passive Services that do not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us and our assigns, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of New Jersey.
- 30. Law Enforcement
- DL Dating is committed to cooperating with law enforcement while respecting each individual’s right to privacy. If DL Dating receives a request for user account information from a government agency investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting agency.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), DL Dating may disclose user account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. DL Dating will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
- 31.Amendments to this Agreement
We reserve the right to update, amend and/or change this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion and without notice. Updates to this Agreement will be posted here. Amendments will take effect immediately upon us posting the updated Agreement on our Services. You are encouraged to revisit this Agreement from time to time in order to review any changes that have been made. The date on which this Agreement was last updated will be noted immediately below this Agreement. Your continued access and use of our Services following the posting of any such changes shall automatically be deemed your acceptance of all changes.
- 32. Severability
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
- 33. No Waiver
Our failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
- 34. Survival
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement, as may be amended by us, from time to time, shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
- 35. Statutory Rights; Notice To California Residents
If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing, currently at: 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone, currently at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding our Site or to receive further information regarding use of our Site.
- 36.Entire Understanding
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Agreement or our Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: May 1, 2017